Real Estate Law
Business Lawyers in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Commercial Real Estate Transactions ◊ Zoning Issues ◊ Development Disputes
At the law office of Hawk, Haynie, Kammeyer & Smith, LLP, we bring over 100 years of combined experience to businesses and business owners throughout northeastern Indiana. We built our reputation on a commitment to personal service and attention, making certain that you always work directly with an attorney, and that we respond promptly to your calls and e-mails. Because of the positive results we have obtained in the past, many of our new cases come to us as referrals from satisfied clients or other lawyers. Contact our office or call us at 260-422-1515 to schedule an appointment.
Our Commercial Real Estate Practice
We work closely with small-to-medium sized businesses, handling a wide range of commercial real estate matters, including
- commercial real estate transactions. We represent buyers and sellers of commercial real estate, handling all matters, from the negotiation of terms to the closing. We also review and prepare all documents required to complete the transaction, including buy-sell agreements, deeds, mortgages, notes and other financing instruments, land contracts, easements and restrictive covenants.
- commercial real estate development and redevelopment. We provide experienced legal counsel to developers, handling all legal matters for projects including subdivisions, apartment complexes or commercial property. We represent developers at all stages of a project, from zoning or planning commission hearings to obtain proper permits to contract disputes that arise during or after construction.
- zoning issues. We act as your advocate in all hearings and proceedings regarding zoning, planning or land use concerns.
- survey concerns. If you are considering buying or selling commercial real estate and have questions about your survey or how to legally describe your property or whether there are easements or rights of way that interfere with your use, we can carefully examine your survey, help you get indemnification agreements (if necessary), and negotiate a sales or purchase price that takes all issues into consideration.
- landlord-tenant matters. We can help interpret competing uses in commercial lease agreements and can draft commercial leases, if necessary.
To set up an appointment, contact us or call us at 260-422-1515. We are available to meet with clients between 8 am and 5 pm, Monday through Friday, and evenings upon request. We will travel to meet with you at your office, if necessary.